2021 was the best year of fundraising ever so far for large parts of Asia: with China raising $87.4 billion, India raising $46 billion and Southeast Asia raising $25.7 billion. However, even as the threat of the pandemic recedes, other risk factors are emerging: prominent among them being rising inflation, global capital markets performance and geopolitical uncertainties.
In collaboration with DealStreetAsia, in this webinar we presented perspectives from private capital investors and professionals connected to the world of dealmaking to offer a data-driven view of the opportunities, and how canny investors and startups can navigate the pitfalls that lie ahead.
Discussion topics include:
- The dominant themes for the rest of 2022 and the sectors likely to drive the next wave of growth.
- What are latest considerations as PE/VCs evaluate their upcoming investments?
- How are investors advising company founders to navigate the anticipated rocky market conditions?
- Rishika Chandan – Managing Director, Venturi Partners
- Conrad Tsang – Founder and Chairman, Strategic Year Holdings Limited
- Dimitra Taslim – VP, GGV Capital
- Peter McMillan – Managing Director and Head of Sales, APAC, Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN)
- Joji Thomas Philip – Founder & Editor-in-Chief, DealStreetAsia
Date of webinar: May 19, 2022