The coronavirus pandemic has disrupted trading relationships worldwide – and as a consequence, negotiation and renegotiation of contracts are taking place on a massive scale. Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) was invited to participate in an international conversation to address the challenges and opportunities of contract management during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ned Gannon, President of eBrevia, joined a panel of global experts to discuss COVID‑19's impact on international trading relationships and how the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning can optimize contract review in negotiations. The panelists brought global perspectives and insights from several industries that included law, legal tech and logistics.
- Ned Gannon, President, eBrevia, a DFIN Company
- Shaun Leong, Partner International Arbitration, Eversheds Sutherland
- Rob Flaws, Partner - Head of TMT MENA, CMS LLP
- Jaroslaw Jankowski, Managing Director Malaysia & Lead Counsel Asia & Regional Compliance Officer Asia, Siemens
- How has the contract management community been faring and what can we learn from progress to date?
- The extent of disruption and the scale of difficulty
- What does current automation lack?
- Coronavirus outbreak & supply chain risk and enterprise contract management
- Use of AI-enabled contract management for force majeure during the COVID-19 pandemic