Now more than ever, sustainability and ESG topics are coming to the forefront across the globe from a diverse group of stakeholders including employees, customers, suppliers, communities, investors, and regulators. Driven in part by the Covid-19 pandemic, there is an increasing focus on employee health & safety, supply chain resilience, and corporate culture, along with growing concerns on climate risk to reputation, physical/operational, and the impact on corporate value creation.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) has been at the forefront of promoting ESG disclosure and is fully committed to supporting SGX-listed firms on their ESG reporting journey since the introduction of its sustainability reporting mandate in 2016. Today, SGX-listed firms are proactively looking at creating policies and processes to effectively manage ESG risk and opportunity, to inform their boards and instill confidence that management is aligning ESG to the company's long-term value.
Insights from Industry Leaders on How SGX is Managing Risk and Adopting ESG Policies
In October 2020, Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) joined forces with industry leaders from Singapore Exchange Regulation (SGX RegCo), CapitaLand, Aberdeen Standard Investments, IIX Global and S&P Global Ratings to review the emerging global trends on sustainability and how SGX-listed companies are preparing themselves. At this live webcast, the panelists discussed the global reporting trends on sustainability and ESG, and revealed how SGX-listed companies are shifting to meet the growing interest in stakeholders' views of sustainability and ESG concerns, while reporting decision-useful data using global standards.
- Michael Tang - Head of Listing Policy and Product Admission, Singapore Exchange Regulation (SGX RegCo)
- David Smith - Head of Corporate Governance, Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Foo Peng Er - Vice President, Sustainability, CapitaLand Group and Board Member, Singapore Green Building Council
- Natasha Garcha - Director of Innovative Finance, IIX Global
- Erik Christianto - Director, ESG Product Specialist, S&P Global Ratings
- John Truzzolino - Director, Corporate Governance Services, DFIN