This webinar will begin with an overview of ESG major concepts, standards, and players -- reviewing important recent events driving the acceleration of ESG in the capital markets. Our speakers will then discuss a systematic 5-step approach to creating an award winning ESG report. The discussion of this strategic approach will be enhanced with an integrated exploration of lessons learned through the real world example of FIS Global and the navigation of their corporate ESG journey. We’ll discuss the key elements to lay the foundation for a world class sustainability strategy -- one that focuses on material ESG issues which will help your company to outperform, differentiate itself, and build stronger, more fruitful relationships with customers, partners, employees, shareholders and other important stakeholders.
We’ll explore how to set the right company goals and objectives, how to work towards achieving those, what the first year of reporting looks like and then moving forward. All along we’ll identify lessons learned from FIS’ sustainability journey as a first-time reporter. We’ll discuss important foundational areas such as the importance of internal buy-in and support, the role of the Board and C-Suite, the importance of building an internal cross-functional committee and identifying/engaging the right subject matter experts internally. We’ll delve further into how to successfully reach a key waypoint on your journey -- the publication of your sustainability report -- this represents a snapshot in time - where you will disclose to stakeholder on your progress so far and your ambitions for the years to come.
- ESG Overview – important concepts, standards, players, and recent events
- A Systematic 5-Step Approach to ESG Strategy and Reporting
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned From FIS’ ESG Journey, Winner of Best ESG Reporting By IR Magazine
- Kelly Ball, Creative Manager, Corporate Governance & Compliance Services, DFIN
- Andrew Ciafardini, Chief Sustainability Officer & Head of Global Public Policy, FIS
- Lou Coppola, Co-Founder and Executive Vice President, G&A Institute
- Frank Kelley, Director, ESG & Compliance Services, DFIN