Please read these terms. If you are planning to attend this virtual event (the “Event”), the following terms and conditions shall apply (“Terms”). These Terms constitute an agreement between you and Donnelley Financial Solutions (“DFIN”). “you” or “your” means you, the individual accepting these Terms, and/or if applicable, the company or other legal entity for which you are accepting these Terms. DFIN may make changes to these Terms at any time in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, DFIN reserves the right to cancel the Event or any Event registrations in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, including for any circumstances beyond DFIN’s reasonable control.
Cancellation Policy: If circumstances change and you can no longer attend the Event, you can cancel your registration at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Confidentiality: By attending the Event you may receive oral, visual, written, or electronic, or other tangible or intangible form of information or documents pertaining to DFIN (“Confidential Information”) which you will keep confidential. You will protect Confidential Information from unauthorized disclosure and use and you may not disclose any Confidential Information to a third party without the prior written consent of DFIN. You acknowledge that a breach of this section may result in irreparable harm and significant injury to DFIN, for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. DFIN, in addition to any other available remedies, will have the right to seek an injunction and other equitable relief enjoining any breach or threatened breach of this section, without the necessity of posting any bond or other security.
Personal Release: DFIN (and/or others on behalf of DFIN may be photographing, recording (both audio and video), webcasting and podcasting (“Recordings”) during the Event. This includes but is not limited to keynotes, breakout sessions, technical sessions, hosted events, and other activities. By agreeing to these Terms and attending the Event:
- You agree that your image, likeness, voice, statements and other identifying characteristics (your “Image”) may be Recorded, and you consent to the use of your Image in connection with the use of the Recordings.
- You irrevocably grant DFIN and its agents, Event sponsors, contractors, licensees and designees and their respective successors and assigns a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully paid-up, perpetual license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, translate, display, perform and otherwise exploit the Recordings and your Image therein, in whole or in part, in any and all media formats and through any and all media channels, in any manner and for any purpose in connection with DFIN, its business and/or the Event (including any future reoccurrence of the Event or a similar event), and for any other lawful purpose.
- You waive any right you may have to inspect and/or approve the use of the Recordings or any reproductions thereof, and you agree that DFIN is not obligated to make any use of your Image or exercise any of the rights granted to it.
- You understand that your Image may appear in Recordings made available to you, other Attendees, or the public, and that third-parties may retain and distribute those Recordings.
- You agree that DFIN exclusively owns all rights (including without limitation, intellectual property rights) in the Recordings and all results and proceeds derived from the use of the Recordings and your Image therein, and that no portion of such proceeds will be shared with you.
- You waive and release any and all rights of privacy and publicity, and any and all claims to compensation or damages or of violation of intellectual property rights, in connection with the use of the Recordings and your Image therein and/or any advertising or publicity relating thereto.
Conduct: By attending the Event, you agree to abide by the rules, regulations, and policies of the host platform and venues. In the event of inappropriate behavior by any Attendee in the view of DFIN or the host platform or venue you may be refused entry to or be required to leave the Event.
Intellectual Property Rights: All intellectual property rights in and related to the Event, the content delivered therein, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by DFIN and its third party speakers and Event sponsors, and each of its and their respective affiliates. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (or other trade names appearing at the event) for any reason without the prior written permission of DFIN.
Disclaimer of Warranties: DFIN MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE EVENTS OR EVENT REGISTRATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND DFIN SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability: Neither DFIN, nor any of its or their affiliates, employees, agents or representatives shall have any liability whatsoever to you for any loss, injury (including death), expense, or damage. Neither DFIN nor any of its or their affiliates, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from registering for or attending the Event, alteration of the Event schedule, or any error or omission. The maximum aggregate liability of DFIN and its and their affiliates for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from the Event, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to $1,000.00.
Choice of Law and Exclusive Forum: These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., without reference to the choice of law rules thereof. Each of the parties hereby irrevocably consents and submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Chicago, Illinois. Each party hereby waives any right to jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to these Terms or the Event.
No Assignment: You may not assign any of your rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of DFIN.
Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the Event and supersede all prior and contemporaneous terms, agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter.