The Securities and Exchange Commission recently announced the EDGAR beta testing period for its Filing Fee Modernization Rule will go live on October 2 and remain open until December 22. Adopted in October 2021, this beta aims to give filers the opportunity to shape the future of filing fee processes by testing the technical and structured data aspects of the Filing Fee Disclosure and Payment Methods Modernization rule.
Anyone interested in taking part must send an email to FilingFeeBetaFeedback@sec.gov.
This window closes on August 31, so be sure to act quickly. When sending the note, include the filer’s name and CIK (Central Index Key), and use an email address corresponding to your business’s contact for EDGAR Information, Inquiries, and Access Code (EDGAR Contact) listed in EDGAR.
After the beta period closes in December, filers need to shift attention to important dates in 2024 and 2025, including:
- January 31, 2024: This marks the beginning of the voluntary compliance period for the submission of structured fee exhibits.
- July 31, 2024: On this day, mandatory compliance begins for large, accelerated filers.
- July 31, 2025: All filers must be compliant by this date.
As these dates draw closer, remember that all the impacted forms and their variations will require iXBRL tagging. These forms include:
- Form S-1, S-3, S-4, S-8, S-11, SF-1, SF-3, F-1, F-3, F-4, F-10, N-2, N-5, N-14, 424, S-B, POSASR, 24F-2NT.
- Schedules 14A, 14C, TO, 13E-3, 13E-4F, 14D-1F, 13E-1.
Seize the opportunity to influence the future of filing fee processes during the upcoming Beta period. I encourage everyone to participate while preparing to take all appropriate steps around the key dates outlined above. If you have questions or require additional guidance, please get in touch with DFIN’s team of experts, who can help answer any of your questions.