Now more than ever sustainability and ESG topics are coming to the forefront across the globe from a diverse group of stakeholders including employees, customers, suppliers, communities, investors, and regulators. Driven in part by the COVID-19 Pandemic, there is a focus on employee health & safety, supply chain resilience, and corporate culture, along with growing concerns on climate risk to reputation, physical/operational, and the impact on corporate value creation. This elevates the importance of having strong messaging in quarterly earnings/regular updates.
Many companies are adopting Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB) standards to connect businesses and investors on the financial impacts of sustainability. In 2021, SASB also issued the XBRL taxonomy which aims to create a pathway for improved quality and usefulness of ESG data reported.
In partnership with Cision and SASB, DFIN hosted a webinar to review the emerging global trends of sustainability and ESG, specifically SASB reporting and iXBRL adoption, and how technology-based disclosure management solutions are shaping the evolving global trends.
Discussion topics include:
- Boards and Management start integrating sustainability and ESG into their risk assessment
- How companies are responding as SASB provides a roadmap supporting key stakeholders
- iXBRL filing creates a spotlight on the evolution of robust disclosure management & reporting solutions
- Highlights from COP26 and the new International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB)
- Madhu Mathew – Director of Technology, SASB
- Justin Ruiss – Investor Relations Activations Director, Cision
- Ashokkumar Patel – IFRS Specialist and XBRL Manager, DFIN
John Truzzolino, Director, Corporate Governance Services, DFIN