Accelerate the IPO Process
An IPO can be a long, demanding and complicated process that will have long term implications for your company. Our IPO solutions and experts help you successfully navigate the intricacies and prepare for life as a public company. Are you ready?
Choose the Global Leader
When it comes to capitalizing on key moments in the IPO process, DFIN leads the way – and we have the numbers to prove it.
Over the last six years,
Traditional IPOs valued at
≥ $100M (US-based issuers)
majority of PE and
Top 10 Healthcare IPOs
Top 5 Consumer IPOs
Some of the many global clients DFIN helped accelerate through the IPO listing process.
Preparation, planning and the right IPO software solutions are critical to success.
- Prepare work plan for IPO readiness
- Assess financial statements and evaluate audit firm
- Assess internal resources (accounting, FP&A, legal, IR)
- Evaluate need for third-party advisers
- Consider structural decisions (e.g., corporate, tax, compensation)
- Engage lead underwriters
- Prepare S-1
- Equity story/investment thesis
- Historical financial statements & MD&A
- Risk factors/legal sections
- Financial model
- Confidential submission of S-1 and SEC review process (typically ~12-14 weeks)
- Teach-in with syndicate analysis
- Prepare roadshow presentation
- Publicly file S-1 at least 15 days prior to launch of roadshow
- Finalize IPO documentation
- Organizational and governance documents
- Listing application
- Underwriting agreement
- Finalize preliminary prospectus with indicative price range
- Launch roadshow (typically 7-10 trading days)
- Price IPO after market close at conclusion of roadshow
- Begin trading next day after pricing
- Close third trading day after pricing
Regulatory Compliance and Reporting
- Extensive quarterly reporting required
- SOX compliance
- Annual reports and recent events
- Proxy Statement, Annual Meeting
Optimize for efficiency and compliance from day one
Unlock a stronger workflow with secure virtual communication channels and flexible technology.
Access leading SEC experts 24/7/365 for guidance in the moments that matter.
Ensure accurate and audit-ready documentation with built-in compliance capabilities.
Prepare standout materials with advanced composition systems, on-demand resources and an unrivaled print platform.
Expedite all regulatory reporting
Streamline your process with leading-edge software that makes IPO reporting easy and fast. Draft within Microsoft Word and Excel, distribute proofs in seconds, and track every change with complete control over your documents.
Built-in compliance capabilities, including r-tagging, hyperlinking and automated submission headers, ensure you’re ahead of SEC mandates and your own deadlines.
Prioritize privacy and compliance
Safeguard and share your most sensitive documents with all your stakeholders. Our easy-to-use virtual data rooms include privacy scans, contract analytics and auto redaction for full transparency and SOX compliance.
Get ahead of regulatory momentum
New regulations for SEC climate reporting are now a reality. Align your business to easily capture ESG value and data from legal, finance, IR, corporate sustainability, HR and more. Our ESG reporting and data management platform enables ESG opportunities.
Streamline Section 16 Filing
Once you’ve completed your IPO, stay compliant and streamline Section 16 filing. We’ll help you prepare Forms 3, 4 and 5, distribute the documents to directors, executives and officers and file electronically.
Leverage our best-in-class partnership ecosystem
FloQast builds cloud-based software that helps manage accounting departments by centralizing the workflow, assigning tasks, maintaining supporting documentation, and automating reconciliations.
Galvanize helps companies manage organizational governance through its integrated security, risk management, compliance and audit software platform, powered by analytics.
Cision is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact.